“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned,but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.“ – John 3:14-21 (NIV)
How can you know and share eternal life?
- The Gift of Eternal Life has a cost of Atonement (forgiveness of sins)
John 3:14-15 (Son of Man, not sum of man) What Jesus did, not what you do.
- The Gift of Eternal Life is a loving choice
John 3:16 (God loves us and chose to redeem those who would seek after God)
- The Gift of Eternal Life is a limited choice
John 3:17-18 (Everyone must choose life or death, there is no third option)
- Choose in your Life to Embrace and Share the light of Jesus Christ
John 3:19-21 (Choose to follow the light of Christ knowing some will reject Jesus and you)
Reflection questions on the gift of eternal life:
- How do I need to choose life?
– How can I seek forgiveness for my sins?
– How can I show respect for other peoples choices while disagreeing?
– How can I share Jesus with others?
Resources to help embrace life:
I pray this draws you closer to God and encourages you to choose to embrace the Gift of Life in Jesus Christ. Choose Life, Choose Christ.